Деревенька Норвегино

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » Деревенька Норвегино » Нравы и обычаи » TANZEN! TANZEN!!!

TANZEN! TANZEN!!!

Сообщений 41 страница 50 из 73

Французские карнавальные костюмы XIX –XX вв

"Bobbin' about to the Fiddle -- a Familly Rehersal of Quadrille Dancing, or Polishing for a trip to Margate", a caricature of a "cit" (bourgeois) family preparing for their vacation, by Charles Williams, May 1817:

The paterfamilias is saying to the French dancing master: "I say, Mounseer Caper! don't I come it prime? Ecod, I shall cut a Figor!!" [i.e. "figure"], and one of the daughters says "Law, Pa, that's just as when you was drilling for the Whitechaple Volunteers -- only look how Ma and I & sister Clementina does it!!", while the dancing master says "Vere vell, Sar, ver vell, you vil danse a merveille vere soon!"

+1

"Highest Life in London -- Tom and Jerry "Sporting a Toe" among the Corinthians at Almacks in the West" by Robert and George Cruikshank, from Pierce Egan's Life in London (1821):

Dancing the Quadrille at Almack's

Rather lively dancing of the "La Trénis" figure of the Contredanse, from Le Bon Genre, Paris, 1805:

Children dancing(?) in the grounds of a country house ca. 1820:

The five "Positions of Dancing", from Wilson's Analysis of Country Dancing, 1811:

Frontispiece to Thomas Wilson's Correct Method of German and French Waltzing (1816), showing the nine positions of the waltz:

Waltzing scene from La Belle Assemblée, February 1, 1817:

(In 1817, the conical -- but not bell-shaped -- skirts shown here were on the cutting edge of the most recent fashions.)

Dr. Syntax plays the fiddle at a village dance ("Rural Sports" by Rowlandson, from The Tour of Dr. Syntax In Search of the Picturesque, 1810):

Быстрый ответ

Напишите ваше сообщение и нажмите «Отправить»

Вы здесь » Деревенька Норвегино » Нравы и обычаи » TANZEN! TANZEN!!!

создать форум